With so many options available, it becomes rather difficult to choose a sleeping bag that is perfect for your camping trip.
To help you make a purchase decision, we have made a list of the best sleeping bags that you can get for less than $100.
Best Hiking Sleeping Bag Under $100: Quick Roundup
Check out these high quality, portable hiking sleeping bags for your next adventure:
- Abco Tech Portable Sleeping Bag
- Teton Sports Tracker +5F Ultralight Sleeping Bag
- Ecoopro Warm Weather Sleeping Bag
- OutdoorsmanLab Sleeping Bag
- Coleman Trinidad Adult Sleeping Bag
What to look for in a good hiking sleeping bag under $100?
The market is flooded with a number of different options, which sometimes don’t suit the requirements of the budget conscious consumer. Here are a few features that you need to consider when selecting a sleeping bag for your hiking trip:
Type Of Insulation And Filling
The three types of insulation in sleeping bags are:
- Synthetic insulation: These bags are made from synthetic polyester and are the most weather-resistant of all sleeping bags. They are light-weight, quick-drying and perfect for a night out in the woods.
- Down insulation: This sleeping bag uses bird feathers (down) as the filling, providing great insulation and comfort. However, they aren’t water-resistant and can become extremely heavy when out trekking.
- Goose down insulation: A more durable form of down insulation, these sleeping bags are great in the long run. But again, they can be too heavy and ungainly for long hikes.
Not all sleeping bags are manufactured keeping the short and the tall in mind. Most sleeping bags are designed to fit average-sized people. Make sure you select a sleeping bag that provides a comfortable fit for you. There should be enough room to stretch your legs, but not too much space to allow for insulation to be lost.
Fit and shape
The best shaped sleeping bags are:
- Rectangular sleeping bags: Very spacious, they are perfect for large people who require more space to sleep.
- Semi-rectangular sleeping bags: Tapering at the feet, these bags offer great insulation, while providing much-needed space.
- Mummy sleeping bags: For the highest insulation, choose body-fitting mummy-shaped sleeping bags.
The base temperature at which your sleeping bag will keep you warm and cozy is known as the temperature rating of the bag. For summers, choose bags with a rating of +35° and for winter select ones that have a rating of – (10°). Ideally, a good sleeping bag can have a rating anywhere between +35° and – (10°).
Internal pockets and pouches plus anti-snag zippers are great additions to make your sleeping bag perfect for the campsite.
Read on and explore these 5 best hiking sleeping bags under $100 – and a enjoy a perfect night under the stars:
Abco Tech Portable Sleeping Bag
Completely waterproof and weather-resistant, this sleeping bag is perfect for all weather conditions and all terrains.
The bag comes with a compression sack with straps and can be stored in the travel bag that it comes in.
This is a great option for your next adventure – check it out!
Teton Sports Tracker +5F Ultralight Sleeping Bag
A vaulted foot box and a full-body zipper keep the cold out through the night. This sleeping bag has a survival rating of +5F/-15C and is ideal for extreme conditions.
The water-resistant diamond ripstop shell and the inside pockets make it perfect for a night on the trail.
Ecoopro Warm Weather Sleeping Bag
Small enough to be carried in a backpack or a travel bag, this is the perfect companion for anyone who is going to be on-the-move while out hiking.
Measuring 83″L x 30″W, this bag is perfect for average-sized individuals. The seller offers a 1 year warranty on the product.
OutdoorsmanLab Sleeping Bag
Made of a hard-wearing water-resistant shell and having a quick-dry inner lining, this bag is perfect for all weather conditions.
Anti-snag zipper systems and an inserted pillowcase make this bag comfortable for long trips. The seller offers a lifetime warranty.
Coleman Trinidad Adult Sleeping Bag
This bag is designed to fit big people and can accommodate anyone up to 5 ft. 11 in.
With high quality insulation and with a non-snag zipper, this bag is ideal for travelers heading out to camp.
A high quality, comfortable and properly insulated sleeping bag is a must have for a great hiking trip. Get one of these and have fun in the great outdoors!