Marine binoculars allow you to view images steadily and focused at longer distances, free from the distraction of inevitable water movement.
They can magnify objects such as a ship sailing at a far distance or that dolphin or marine creature you’ve been waiting to catch a glimpse of.
Best Marine Binoculars: Quick Roundup
Check out these superb marine binoculars, with more detailed reviews further below:
- Bushnell Marine 7×50 Waterproof Binocular
- Steiner Marine Binoculars
- Tmouse Marine 7×50 Waterproof Floating Binocular
- Nikon 8208 Oceanpro 7 X 50 MM Binocular With Compass
- Hooway 7×50 Waterproof Fogproof Military Marine Binoculars
How To Choose The Best Marine Binoculars?
Marine binoculars are designed to special specifications. It is important to check for these features when you’re looking for one:
- Magnification – Do they have the optimum 7x magnification power for steady images?
- Construction – Are they waterproof and suitable for use in open water?
- Prism – Porro prisms are better than roof prisms because they can accommodate a compass or range finder.
- Lens – 50mm lenses are perfect because they are lightweight, which makes them easy to carry on vacations.
- Exit Pupil – Go for 7×50 marine binoculars that will not limit light.
- Focus – Individual focusing allows you to adjust the lens for each eye and gives you better waterproof abilities.
- Eye relief – Eye relief is the maximum distance at which you get the full view of the object. A pair of binoculars providing an eye relief of 25mm is ideal.
- Eye cups – Binoculars with foldable eye cups can be used with glasses and block peripheral light for better vision.
While you can expect to research a few more features as compared to, say, travel shoe bags or beach cup holders – it is worth your time and effort. A great pair of marine binoculars is a handy, not to mention cool, gadget for every marine trip.
Bushnell Marine 7×50 Waterproof Binocular
The quality optics provide an amazing view with HD clarity. You don’t have to bother much about their functionality because they are hermetically sealed to keep out moisture.
With seven times more magnification, these marine binoculars provide steady images while boating. The 50mm objective lens makes them lightweight and easy to carry.
Moreover, you don’t have to worry about losing directions. The Porro prism mechanism of these binoculars can accommodate a compass easily and provide a wide field of view.
The durable, non-slip rubber armor provides complete safety to your binoculars.
Superb choice for your next cruise – check these out!
Steiner Marine Binoculars
These binoculars measure 8.2×2.8×5.2 inches and weigh about 37 ounces, making them extremely easy to carry.
They have the ideal “7 x magnification” power that gives you a steady view of objects while boating.
Moreover, you don’t have to worry about bringing objects into focus because these binoculars can put everything beyond 20 yards into focus.
These binoculars also allow you to view objects in low light.
The multi-coated lens, BAK-4 prisms, and 20mm long eye relief provide a view with picture-perfect clarity.
Tmouse Marine 7×50 Waterproof Floating Binocular
You can use them outdoors because they are dust-proof, waterproof, and float on water.
The 50mm diameter and 7x magnification provide a steady view of objects while boating. The 6.8mm exit pupil provides a field view up to 1000 yards.
The best part of these binoculars is that they have nitrogen gas, which removes fog for clear vision under severe weather conditions.
They also have a compass which helps you with directions while boating.
The rubber armor protects them from shocks and provides a better grip. This is one of the best travel accessories to have while boating in foggy conditions.
Nikon 8208 Oceanpro 7 X 50 MM Binocular With Compass
If you have glasses, you would simply love the long eye relief feature of these binoculars.
The central focus makes them easier to bring distant objects into focus without much effort. The light weight of these binoculars allows you to carry them anywhere.
Moreover, they are 100 percent fog proof and waterproof.
The BAK-4 prisms and multi-coated lenses provide a clear view of objects.
The rubber armor and polycarbonate body of these binoculars keep a lot of safety issues at bay.
Hooway 7×50 Waterproof Fogproof Military Marine Binoculars
The 7 X magnification and 50mm objective lens give you a clear view of objects during the early morning, dusk or at night.
The Porro prism provides a wider field of view and the multi-coated optics provide a bright view of objects.
The built-in compass and rangefinder gives your location and calculates size and distance of objects.
The military standards provide complete safety to these binoculars while using them outdoors.
Anyone who truly loves the aquatic life and embarks on boating expeditions frequently will have invested in a pair of tough marine binoculars with a good power range.
With our recommendations, you can streamline your search and buy a quality product that serves as your steady, functional companion when you’re exploring the exciting open waters.